Saturday, April 12, 2008

HATE is a four-letter word too.

I thought of something else today that pissed me off, but I can't remember it now. It happened while we were out running some errands this morning. While I was trying to remember what it was, I said "hate" to myself a lot. "What the hell was it that pissed me off this morning? Ugh. I hate what...? Did someone do or say something I hate? Did I see something happen that I hate? I hate it when I can't remember..." Anyway, I realized that I was throwing the H-BOMB around quite a bit.

I guess I am going to use the word "hate" a lot. I don't truly hate many people, places, or things (inanimate or not)... I think "hate" is an extremely strong word with extreme meaning, just like the word "love." But I toss them both around like they're no big deal(s). They are though, really. To me, anyway.

I don't actually "love" Jim Halpert, but I say that I do (actually, I say that I looooooooove him). Sometimes you say things that you don't entirely mean, but in a simpler way that others understand. For example... I could say "I enjoy looking at and listening to Jim Halpert because I think he is attractive, intelligent, and hilarious... oh, and I occasionally picture myself as Katy, Karen, or especially Pam, etc. and dream about **CENSORED**" but it's just easier to say "love" in that scenario.

So although I will be saying "hate" a lot in this blog, I don't mean it literally. I'll try to remember to alert you if/when I use it for what it really means.

No comments: