Saturday, May 17, 2008

Come on. Don't punish the kids.

I had a conversation with my friend S the other day. I've been friends with S for maybe five years or so? Anyway, this conversation bothered me. It involved a parent doing something stupid (no one is immune from stupidity, now, come on) and S making some stupid comment about how the children of said stupid parent should essentially be punished for the stupid parent's stupidity.

??

S doesn't have children, and I hope that's why she said something so mean. In otherwords, I can't imagine a person with a child wishing ill-will against someone else's child (to essentially punish the parent). Ugh. I really, really hope I don't know parents who I really feel are capable of saying or doing something unkind about/to children to get at the parent. There's not much worse.

Says a lot about you, of course, if you're the type of person to do that. And YOU have to live with yourself, which I have come to realize is the best punishment (even if you don't realize it now... karma...).

But your children also have to live with you... do you want them to suffer because YOU are stupid?

2 comments:

MarĂ­a said...

I want to know what was said. What kind of PURGING is THIS??

krave said...

@immoral matriarch:
LMAO! Well, MY purging was achieved by telling the story about the story... in otherwords, bitching about S was my catharsis. But I suppose what S said played a "small" part in my need to bitch ;) so I'll share... besides, my public deserves to know! *snorts*

OK, I just typed the whole story and it's longer than a comment should be. So I am making a post about it. JUST for you. ;)