Sunday, May 18, 2008

Allow me to elaborate.

I am elaborating on the "Don't Punish the Kids" post. Originally, I was (half jokingly) doing it for THE Immoral Matriarch, but now having written it (this intro was written post, ummm, post), I feel even better. Not much better, as my original point of bitching was general and this post gets more specific, but yes, better nonetheless.

S and I were talking about cars. I am car shopping and trying to pick the brain of everyone I know, especially those with kids. S doesn't have any kids, but she knows plenty of people that do and she promised to survey them all for me. Like a good little friend, she did.

She was telling me that a coworker or friend or something, who has two children, recently bought some sort of deathtrap sports car that barely has a back seat. I said that I didn't think that was terribly intelligent, considering the children (the practicality factor... and the safety issue). She agreed... and then she said that this man needed to get into a very serious accident, so that the kids get hurt, to teach him a lesson.

I just thought it was an awful thing to say. Awful.

4 comments:

MarĂ­a said...

Wow. That's mean.

Katie said...

What the HELL?!?! It doesn't matter if S has kids or not, that was just a horrible thing to say. Wow.

krave said...

@immoral matriarch and katie:
Yes, it was a mean thing to say. I just don't understand people who say (much less DO) things about (or to) children as a means to "get at" the parents. If you don't like someone, DON'T LIKE THEM. Leave the kids out of it. Assholes.

krave said...

@MizSassy:
WORD!!!!