Sunday, December 14, 2008

Better Things

2008 is almost over! It was a good year for so many reasons, and a bad year for many reasons as well. To be totally honest, it was probably the worst year in a long, long time (if not ever) for me, and I am content to see it go. If this is the worst I see, then I am very grateful!

I am thrilled that 2009 is right around the corner. I know it has great things in store! I can feel it! That's not to say I won't have things (or people, LOL) to complain about on occasion. So the blog will remain intact for... SOME... of that. You people don't get to know ALL of my feelings/secrets. ;)

Anyway, this is my last post of 2008, and it's very genuinely dedicated to EVERYONE (but a few people in particular... and I have a feeling they know who they are). Happy new year! Love ya! Mean it! And I hope tomorrow, you find better things.


Here's wishin you the bluest sky
And hoping something better comes tomorrow
Hoping all the verses rhyme,
And the very best of choruses to
Follow all the doubt and sadness
I know that better things are on the way.


Here's hoping all the days ahead
Won't be as bitter as the ones behind you
Be an optimist instead,
And somehow happiness will find you.
Forget what happened yesterday,
I know that better things are on their way.


It's really good to see you rocking out
And having fun,
Living like you just begun.
Accept your life and what it brings.
I hope tomorrow you'll find better things.
I know tomorrow you'll find better things.


Here's wishin you the bluest sky
And hoping something better comes tomorrow
Hoping all the verses rhyme,
And the very best of choruses to
Follow all the drudge and sadness
I know that better things are on the way.


I know you've got a lot of good things happening up ahead.
The past is gone, it's all been said.
So here's to what the future brings,
I know tomorrow you'll find better things.
I know tomorrow you'll find better things.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Ummm...I think you forgot to mention why 2008 was also the BEST year for one reason...Ahem, ahem! ;)