- I know someone who had/has cancer and I support efforts to find a cure.
- I support relief efforts for Haiti and will contribute in my own way
- I know someone who has experienced/is experiencing fertility issues (loss)
- I have the greatest kid(s) on Earth
- I love my mother and think she is the best mother ever to exist, and I thank her
- I have an incredible husband. He is the greatest!
My mother, husband, and kid(s) are the greatest. They don't need a Facebook status update to convince them of that fact (and those who know them don't need a Facebook status update to know that it's the truth). I know plenty of people who suffer from infertility. I'm sure they're not enthused about having that reminder smattered all over Facebook on a daily basis. I encourage efforts to assist the unfortunate people in Haiti and those suffering from cancer. I highly doubt the Facebook gods are tallying the number of status updates they see regarding each, and then reaching into their wallets to contribute to each fund.
Zip it already!! I may go ballistic if I continue to see these status updates posted. I wonder what "postal" looks like on a Facebook wall?? I guess we just might find out...