Friday, September 4, 2009

Uhhhh. Bipartisan-ish?

I don't care for whom you voted... what color you wear... to what "side" you lean. And this isn't a political rant. Some of you may know who my preference was for this presidency. Some of you may not. It doesn't matter, because I'm not here (today) to bitch about a choice he made or did not make, or one he'll make or won't make. I am here to bitch about the fact that it seems like the world is up in arms over this president. I've been a semi-conscious, voting adult for almost two decades and I don't remember ever hearing so many outspoken and annoying people (pro and con) over one person as I have heard over Obama.

Some people think he's great and they shove it down your throat. Thanks for playing but give it a rest because YOUR opinion won't change mine.

Some people think he's the devil (or what was it... antichrist?) and they shove it down your throat. Thanks for playing but give it a rest because YOUR opinion won't change mine.

I don't mind the banter-- I like it, actually, because personally, it helps me learn. It opens my eyes to things, perspectives, contexts that I may not have seen before. I appreciate learning through discussion and I encourage it in my life.

HOWEVER.

I can not stand you holier-than-thous who judge others so harshly on the mere basis of an opinion to which they, like you, are entitled. Isn't anyone capable of having a(n intellectual) discussion anymore without needing an audience, wanting to judge and bash, itching to start drama?

1 comment:

erin j said...

ummm, sorry? (in advance cause i'm gonna bend your ear tomorrow... but not in a preachy sorta way... i promise!) ;)